Hey guys, today I am going to share with you a super material. which is going to change the future of Dentistry.
- Graphenano dental has come up with a biopolymer of graphene in CAD CAM millable disc form called as G-CAM Disc. Graphene is a nanotrophic form of carbon, which allows to cover the monomer particle with its precursor thus resulting in a very dense biocompatible high flexural strength bio-material with mechanical, biological and chemical supermaterial properties. The polymerisation of PMMA trigers the exothermic chemical reaction. This chemical reaction is improved by graphene due to its excellent heat conductive property and resulting complete polymerisation with a very stable compact material with the elimination of all the negative properties of acrylic like coefficient of absorption of liquid and strength. This graphene polymer has very high flexural strength, high esthetics, high superficial abrasion resistance. This is what every dentist was looking for any prosthesis.
- This is one of the game changer in Implant Dentistry, as it has high flexural strength so the impact forces on the underlying implant is very less.
- Graphene superstructure will act as a shock absorber thus leading to prevention of high impact force on the implant body.
- As it is highly aesthetic we can fabricate entire prosthesis in a single framework.
- There are also other materials which has got flexibility and strength in the prosthesesis but they can’t stand by themselves so you can make only a framework out of that and you need high precision, high end equipment and materials to make an implant prosthesis. where as GCAM can be milled in any dry or wet milling machine. And you can just add glaze or composite layering on it to get the right shade of the teeth and gingival color.
Advantage for Dentists:
- As it is a polymer we can repair anything intraorally it can be shade or shape or occlusal contacts. Even we can reshape the gingival contour in the oral cavity itself. We can also make Full crowns, veneers, Fpds also. G CAM discs are available in monochromatic and polychromatic forms so we can make direct monolithic crowns also. It has high esthetic than that of our Zirconia. The biggest advantage with general practitioners is these crowns are not that costly and clinical workflow is very simple. You can get the Aesthetics of Lithium Di-silicate with just monolithic poly-chromatic crowns.
Repair is very easy; you can use your normal composites for any repair work no need to send it to the lab.
Advantage For Labs
- The biggest advantage for Dental lab in comparison with zirconia; this doesn’t need sintering so you will save lot of time and money Also it doesn’t require high end milling machines, any existing dry or wet machine can serve the purpose also we don’t require any cermist. If you have little knowledge of composite layering or its shading is enough to make g cam crowns. Yes it is new material with all together new fundas so we have train ourselves to get the best out of that. I am very thankful to the almighty that we are the part this change. There are so many advancements coming in this, please stay with us. Thanks to Neodental Technologies Pvt Ltd which has brought this product to India. Thank you for your attention. For more details or further clarification contact Kosmo Dental Academy.
Author: Dr M Anil Goud
- Professor: Dept of Prosthodontics and Implantology NRDC
- Director: Asian Dental academy Hyderabad.
- Mentor: GPS Digital Smile Designing LAS Vegas USA
- Mentor: German Oral Implontology and Surgery Germany
- Coordinator: UCAM univrsity Spain.